With the opening of the January transfer window, there is a lot of gossip around Europe about who will be moving where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest rumours, comings, goings and of course the deals that have been made!
TOP STORY: The Gunners make a EUR 100 million Mudryk deal
Arsenal and Shakhtar Donetsk are closing in on an agreement on a deal Mykhailo Mudrykreports Foot Mercato.
The 22-year-old winger has been a key target for Mikel Arteta’s side this January, and the latest suggests that the move, worth around €100m, has made positive progress.
Mudryk has also been linked with Chelsea, but after ESPN sources revealed on Monday that Graham Potter’s side are close to a loan move for the Atletico Madrid star. Joao FelixThe Gunners appear to have stepped up their approach to the Ukraine international.
Negotiations are set to continue throughout the week as both clubs come to an agreement on the initial payment of the deal as well as any bonuses that will be included as part of the deal. The north London club are optimistic they can get over the line. .
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (USA)
– Chelsea plans to add a new striker as it nears a deal to sign Joao Felix, reveals the Times. Marcus Thuram and Noni Madueke is said to be on their shortlist as the club continue to add reinforcements to Graham Potter’s squad. Borussia Monchengladbach’s Thuram, 25, has been identified as a possible option with the Blues looking to take advantage of his contract, which expires in the summer, while 20-year-old Madueke is enjoying an impressive season at PSV Eindhoven.
– Levi Colwill is still part of Chelsea’s long-term plans, writes Athletic. Recent speculation suggested that the signing of Benoit Badiashile could see the 19-year-old defender, currently on loan at Brighton & Hove Albion, drop out of the first team, but the latest suggests that Potter is not set to leave. with him permanently.
– Transfer Alex Moreno looks set to be completed after Aston Villa stepped up their pursuit of the Real Betis left-back Fabrizio Romano. It has been reported that a contract worth 14 million euros has been agreed between the two clubs, and Unai Emery’s team has also been able to agree personal terms with the 29-year-old. The Premier League side are looking to finalize their medical this week.
– Wolverhampton Wanderers are interested in a loan transfer Aaron Wan-Bissaka, reports Foot Mercato. The 25-year-old defender is understood to be keen to continue his career at Old Trafford after recently earning minutes in the first team, but would be interested in a move to Molineux until the end of the season.
– Nottingham Forest have launched an £18m approach for the Palmeiras star Danilo, understands the Telegraph. The 21-year-old midfielder was previously on Steve Cooper’s radar in the summer and, following interest from Arsenal and Atletico Madrid, it looks like Forest will move quickly to sign him ahead of the competition.