With the opening of the January transfer window, there is a lot of gossip around Europe about who will be moving where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest rumours, comings, goings and of course the deals that have been made!
TOP TORY: Chelsea eyeing Olmo if Arsenal sign Mudryk
Chelsea have been linked with the RB Leipzig midfielder Dani OlmoAccording to the Daily Mail.
Spain international Olmo, 24, is believed to be a target if the Blues fail to beat Arsenal with the Shakhtar Donetsk winger. Mykhailo Mudryk. Olmoa has also been linked to Manchester United.
Mudryk’s future remains in the balance and while Chelsea hope to beat the Gunners to his signature, they are making backup plans in case he ends up heading to the Emirates Stadium or staying in Donetsk.
Chelsea have already signed a number of players in this window including David Datro as Fofa, Andrei Santos and Benoit Badiashand sources have told ESPN they are also watching Marcus Thuram.
Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Newcastle United, Aston Villa, Bayern Munich and AC Milan are interested in France star Thuram, who has six months left on his contract at Borussia Monchengladbach.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (USA)
09.53 GMT: Manager of Brighton & Hove Albion Roberto De Zerbi have explained their decision to ditch Leandro Trossardi, who has been linked with interest from Chelsea and Newcastle United.
Trossard was not named in the squad for Saturday’s 5-1 FA Cup win at Middlesbrough (stream the replay on ESPN+ in the US). After the match, De Zerbi was asked if he was affected by the speculation about the future of the Belgian national team.
“I don’t know,” De Zerbi told The Athletic. – I think he is one of the best players for us and one of the most important players for us.
“I would always like to play with Leo in the first 11, but it’s not just about me, it’s about Leo.
“I don’t know, but with me I want players who work for the team on the field, and Leandro knows very well my opinion, my ideas. I have spoken with him many times.
– I like him as a player, but I want more from him because he can play better, he can work harder, he can run more on the field and I want players who give 100% in every training and every game.
“Without these qualities, they cannot play with me.”
09.00 GMT: Djed Spence is increasingly likely to leave Tottenham Hotspur on loan this month in search of first-team football, sources have told ESPN’s James Olley.
The 22-year-old right-back signed from Middlesbrough for £19million last summer but has made just five substitute appearances in all competitions, totaling 32 minutes, this season. Although Spence is determined to make a success of his move to north London, all parties acknowledge he needs to play more, with Spurs boss Antonio Conte favoring Matt Doherty and Emerson Royal in a defensive role.
Sources have told ESPN that Spence has attracted interest from at least four Premier League clubs, as well as Germany’s Bayer Leverkusen, among other options. However, no deal has yet been agreed with any club and Spence is assessing his options now that the January window is open.
An injury to Doherty or Royal could force a rethink. but as it stands, the Spurs are willing to allow Spence to leave on a temporary basis.
Reports that Royal could leave the club this month are believed to be far-fetched at this stage and one source with close links to Tottenham has rubbished speculation of an imminent move for the Sporting CP right-back. Pedro Porrowhich would cost around £40 million.
Spence was again named as a substitute for Saturday’s FA Cup tie against Portsmouth, coming off the bench in the last 15 minutes of the 1-0 win (stream the replay on ESPN+ in the US)
PAPER GOSSIP (by Nick Judd)
– Borussia Dortmund striker Jayden Braaf could leave the German club on loan to get more playing time, reports Fabrizio Romano. The 20-year-old Dutch forward joined Dortmund from Manchester City in July 2022 and has quick feet and electric pace. However, having made just seven appearances this season, both he and the club will want him to gain more experience elsewhere, with a number of clubs interested in him.
– Crystal Palace and Everton
– Borussia Dortmund star Marco Reus his contract expires at the end of the season and he has since become the latest target of Saudi Arabian side Al Nassr. Cristiano Ronaldo more marquee names, and Reus, 33, is said to be considering his future. The Saudi side has also tried to hold talks with Real Madrid Luka Modric and Paris Saint-Germain’s Sergio Ramos.
– Aston Villa must increase their offer Alex Moreno if they are going to sign the Real Betis defender in this transfer window according to Mundo Deportivo. Aston are keen to improve the left side of their defense and believe Moreno – who was close to joining Nottingham Forest in August – will provide a needed upgrade in quality.
– Leeds United are battling Everton and Brentford for the Coventry City striker’s signature Viktor GyokeresAccording to Teamtalk. Leeds manager Jesse Marsch is looking for further reinforcements in addition to signing a defender Maximilian Wober from RB Leipzig. Swedish striker Gyokeres has scored 12 goals in 25 appearances this season and Coventry value the 24-year-old at £18million. Leeds officials believe there is room to maneuver in that figure and are willing to pay closer to £14m.